Goat Cheese and Lima Bean Bruschetta
Liven up your lima beans with a bit of goat cheese and fresh thyme on a toasted baguette.
- Servings: 8
Photography: VICTORIA PEARSON
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 1999
- 1 baguette, sliced diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 5 ounces soft goat cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh or frozen lima beans, shelled
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place bread slices on a baking pan. Toast until tops are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Turn, and toast until golden brown on other side, 10 minutes more.
Remove the baking pan from the oven. Spread goat cheese over each slice of bread.
Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil, and prepare an ice bath. Add lima beans to the boiling water, and cook until bright green, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beans to ice bath, and let cool. Drain beans in a colander.
Arrange beans on the bruschetta. Sprinkle with thyme and pepper; serve.