Radish and Fennel Salad
To achieve perfect, thin slices of radish, use a mandoline.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2001
- 1 small head green-leaf lettuce
- 1 small bunch red radishes, trimmed, cleaned, and thinly sliced
- 1 small bulb fennel, trimmed, cleaned, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced crosswise
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Tear lettuce leaves into bite-size pieces, and place in a serving bowl with radishes, fennel, and red onion.
Make the dressing: Whisk together orange juice, oil, and dill. Season with salt and pepper. Just before serving, drizzle dressing over salad, and toss.