Old-Fashioned Chocolate Frosting
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2/3 cup sour cream
Sift sugar, cocoa powder, and salt into a medium bowl; set aside.
Put butter and cream cheese into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium-high until fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add sugar mixture. Mix in chocolate and sour cream. Use immediately.