Under 30 Minutes
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup low-fat (1 percent) cottage cheese
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 teaspoons vegetable oil
In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir in cottage cheese, milk, egg whites, and vanilla.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium. Working in batches, drop cottage cheese mixture by 1/4 cupfuls into pan (2 or 3 at a time).
Cook until bottoms are set and tops have small bubbles, about 1 minute. Turn pancakes and cook until just firm in the center, 1 to 3 minutes more. Repeat, using remaining 3 teaspoons oil for the other batches.