Shrimp Saute with Orzo
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April/May 1994
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add orzo; cook until al dente, using cooking time suggested on package. Drain; toss with 1 teaspoon oil, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large skillet. Add garlic; cook over low heat for 1 minute. Add shrimp, salt and pepper to taste, and 2 tablespoons parsley; cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn, and cook for 3 minutes more, or until opaque. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
Add lemon juice and wine to skillet. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and reduce by half, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add remaining parsley; stir in butter, lemon zest, and capers. Adjust seasonings. Pour over shrimp, and serve on a bed of orzo.