Salad with Beets and Yogurt Dressing
Greek yogurt is thicker, creamier, and higher in protein than regular yogurt because it has been strained to remove much of its whey.
- 3/4 pound beets (2 large or 8 small), trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (full-fat or 2 percent)
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 head, Boston lettuce
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios, toasted
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place beets in a 12-inch square piece of foil. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper; fold foil into a packet. Roast until beets are easily pierced with a paring knife, 30 to 45 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel beets and cut into wedges.
Whisk together yogurt, vinegar, and 2 tablespoons oil; season dressing with salt and pepper. Thin as desired with 1 to 2 tablespoons water. Divide lettuce among plates and top with beets, tarragon, pistachios, and dressing. Serve immediately.
SourceEveryday Food, June 2009