Libby's Famous Pumpkin Pie
This recipe for Libby's famous pumpkin pie is courtesy of Libby's.
- Servings: 8
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2007
- 1/2 recipe Deep-Dish Pate Brisee
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) Libby's 100 percent pure pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk, preferably Nestle Carnation
- Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a lightly floured work surface, roll pate brisee into a 12-inch round. With a dry pastry brush, sweep off the excess flour; fit dough into a 9-inch deep-dish glass pie plate, pressing it into the edges. Trim to a 1-inch overhang all around. Crimp edge as desired. Prick bottom of dough all over with a fork; set aside.
In a small bowl, mix together, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves. Beat eggs together in a large bowl. Add sugar mixture and pumpkin; stir to combine. Stir in evaporated milk until well combined.
Pour mixture into pie shell and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees; bake until filling is set, 20 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool 2 hours. Serve with whipped cream, if desired, or transfer to a refrigerator until ready to serve.