Stone Fruits with Honey-Drizzled Soft Cheeses and Toasted Almonds
A light cheese-and-fruit course is a lovely way to end a meal. Look for fresh ricotta in Italian and specialty markets. This recipe calls for almond oil. If you can't find it in your market, try igourmet.com, 877-446-8763.
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2007
- 1/2 cup blanched whole almonds
- 2 tablespoons almond oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces fresh ricotta cheese
- Assorted stone fruits, such as 2 sliced nectarines, 2 halved or whole small red or yellow plums, 16 white or red cherries
- 3 tablespoons wildflower or orange-blossom honey
Heat almonds and oil in a skillet over medium heat, tossing occasionally, until almonds are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer almonds to a plate to cool; discard oil.
Stir together cheeses, then mound on a platter, making a small well in the center with the back of a spoon. Surround with fruits and toasted almonds. Drizzle honey into center of cheese.