Under 30 Minutes
Grilled Onion Salad
Keeping a bit of the root attached to the wedges prevents the onion layers from falling apart.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grates
- 1 Vidalia onion, cut all the way through the root end into 8 wedges (see note, below)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 12 ounces baby salad greens (such as red leaf, green leaf, or romaine mix)
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
Heat grill to medium; lightly oil grates. In a small bowl, gently toss onion with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill wedges, turning occasionally, until soft, 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice and remaining 3 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Add greens, and toss to coat. Serve topped with onion and cheese.