Under 30 Minutes
Fried Chicken with Vine-Ripened Tomato Salad
Our ingenious no-batter, no-spatter method skips the deep fryer and calls for a skillet and just a bit of oil. Indulge in the ease of it!
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 skin-on chicken thighs (4 to 5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small vine-ripened tomato, sliced
Place flour in a shallow bowl; season with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-low. Add chicken, skin side down. Cook until skin is browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Turn over, and continue to cook, 8 to 10 minutes more.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and remaining tablespoon oil. Add parsley, and season with salt and pepper; drizzle dressing over tomato. Serve with chicken.
SourceEveryday Food, June Early Summer 2007