Potato and Zucchini Hash
With the addition of zucchini, this hash becomes something more adventurous than the de rigueur hash you may get in diners. Try this quick-cooking meal for dinner or breakfast -- either way you'll be satisfied.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2010
- 2 medium russet potatoes (1 1/2 pounds total), peeled, quartered lengthwise, and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 eggs, sunny side up
Rinse potatoes well under cold running water, then drain and thoroughly pat dry. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add onion and potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until potatoes are almost cooked through and golden, about 15 minutes.
Add zucchini, reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring, until zucchini is soft and potatoes are cooked through, 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; divide among four plates. To serve, top with eggs.