Flageolet Beans and Frisee Salad
Dried flageolets, small French pale-green to white beans, are available in most grocery stores but can be substituted with navy beans.
- Servings: 4
Photography: GENTL & HYERS
Source: 10th Anniversary Cookbook; Martha Stewart Living Cookbook, 2000
- 2/3 cup dried flageolet beans
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 15 anchovy fillets
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, (1 lemon)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 small head frisee, leaves cleaned and roughly chopped
Place beans in a medium saucepan with 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook beans until tender, 50 minutes to an hour. Rinse beans under cold water; drain, and set aside.
Place olive oil, anchovy fillets, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until fillets are finely chopped, about 5 seconds. Place parsley, frisee, beans, and anchovy dressing in a medium bowl, and toss to combine. Serve immediately.