Spicy Pumpkin Bundt Cake
This recipe for spicy pumpkin bundt cake is a delicious and seasonal treat sure to please the whole family.
- Nonstick cooking spray, for pan
- 4 cups cake flour (not self-rising), plus more for dusting
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 2 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 14-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray. Dust with flour, and tap out excess.
Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Set aside.
Beat butter and brown sugar together in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, on medium speed until pale and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl. Reduce speed to low. Beat in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the buttermilk. Beat until just combined. Add pumpkin puree, and beat until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake cake until golden and a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Carefully turn cake onto rack too cool completely. Before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar.