Romaine ''Caesar'' Gratin
Serve this brand new recipe from renowned chef Eric Ripert for an irresistible side dish. Also try his delicious Baked Zucchini, Heirloom Tomatoes, and Bread Crumbs.
- Servings: 8
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, September 2009
- 2 large egg yolks
- 4 anchovy filets, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce heart, quartered lengthwise and trimmed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In the jar of a blender, combine yolks, anchovy, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, and season with cracked pepper. With the blender on medium speed, slowly drizzle in olive oil until well incorporated; season dressing with salt.
Preheat oven to broil. Arrange lettuce in an even layer on a baking sheet and brush with dressing. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Broil lettuce just until cheese melts and begins to turn golden brown, about 3 minutes. Serve immediately.