- Servings: 6
Source: Everyday Food, November 2003
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 rinsed anchovies, (optional)
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, and their juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- Freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and spaghetti, and cook according to package instructions; drain; return to pot.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, crushed red pepper, and anchovies, mashing them with a wooden spoon. Cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, 2 minutes.
Add tomatoes and juice, breaking up the tomatoes with hands, Stir in capers and olives. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes. Toss with pasta; season with salt and pepper.