Rocky Ledge Bars
When cut into ragged shapes and stacked in a staggered fashion on top of one another, these chunky bars resemble a rocky ledge. They can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed dark-brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup toffee chips
- 18 soft caramel-candy cubes, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Line with parchment paper, allowing a 2-inch overhang on the longer sides. Brush parchment with butter (not overhang).
Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix butter and brown sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until well combined. Mix in flour mixture until combined. Fold in half of each of the marshmallows, chocolates, toffee chips, and caramels.
Spread batter in prepared pan. Scatter remaining marshmallows, chocolates, butterscotch chips, and caramels on top. Bake until top is golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Lift out of pan, and transfer to a baking sheet. Refrigerate until set, at least 30 minutes.
Remove parchment, and cut into about 16 triangles. Bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2008