Marinated Cucumber Salad with Ricotta Salata
This recipe for marinated cucumber salad with ricotta salata comes from "Scott Conant's New Italian Cooking."
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2007
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 12 whole basil leaves, torn
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Coarse salt
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups mixed baby greens, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup grated ricotta salata or crumbled feta cheese
In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar, basil, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add cucumbers and toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature or refrigerated, for up to 3 hours.
In a small bowl, whisk together red-wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, and remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place greens in a large bowl and pour over enough vinaigrette to lightly coat the leaves; toss until well combined.
Divide cucumbers evenly between 4 plates. Top with greens and sprinkle with cheese.