Potatoes with Mint Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 12) small potatoes, such as red, Yukon gold, or fingerlings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup vegetable or safflower oil
- 1 small bunch fresh mint, about 6 to 8 sprigs, coarsely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
Place potatoes in a medium saucepan filled with cold water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain, and let cool at room temperature.
Prepare mint mayonnaise: Place egg, mustard, lemon juice, and remaining A teaspoon salt in the jar of a blender; pulse until well combined. With blender running, pour in the oil in a slow, steady stream. The egg mixture will become thick and creamy. Pulse in mint until just combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve mayonnaise immediately with potatoes, or keep refrigerated up to 3 days.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, June 2000