Serve these thin pitas, covered with herbs and baked until crisp for easy scooping, alongside roasted-eggplant dip, made silky by the addition of yogurt.
- Servings: 6
- Yield: Makes about 32 chips
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2009
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 to 6 pitas, sliced horizontally if thick
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Stir herbs together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and whisk in oil. Rub over pitas, and cut each into triangles.
Bake pitas on baking sheets until crisp and just golden, 10 to 14 minutes.