Chicken and Pork Seekh Kebabs
Ingredients borrowed from Indian cuisine give far-flung flavors to these kebabs. Naan and a summer-fruit chutney cool the spicy dish.
- Servings: 8
Photography: Kate Sears
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2007
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 whole cardamom pod
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon minced seeded Thai chile or jalapeno chile
- 8 pieces naan or pita, for serving
- Mango Chutney, for serving
Toast coriander seeds, cloves, and cardamom pod in a skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Let cool, then grind.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Using your hands, combine all ingredients (except bread and chutney). For each kebab, shape 1/3 cup mixture into a 5-inch log; slide a skewer through center. Grill until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Serve with bread and chutney.