Sauteed Spinach and White Beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 fifteen-and-a-half-ounce cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 cups (about 8 ounces) spinach, stems trimmed
- 4 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Heat a large saut� pan over medium heat, and add olive oil. Add diced onion, and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes.
Add garlic, and cook 1 minute. Add beans, and cook until hot and slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the spinach and vinegar, stirring frequently until spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes. Add the thyme, and season with the salt and pepper. Serve.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, April 2000