Chicken Salad with Lemon-Yogurt Dressing
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces mesclun (about 6 cups)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Rub tarragon, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper under chicken skin. Place on a rimmed baking sheet; roast until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, 2 teaspoons olive oil, remaining 1 teaspoon lemon zest, 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Remove and discard skin and bones from chicken; thinly slice meat lengthwise. Add to bowl along with tomatoes and scallions; toss to combine.
In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining 2 teaspoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add mesclun; toss to coat. Divide among plates; spoon chicken mixture on top.
SourceEveryday Food, November 2004