Arugula and Bresaola Salad
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2003
- 2 slices (1/2 inch thick) pumpernickel bread, torn into 1-inch pieces (2 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups baby arugula (about 5 ounces), washed well
- 1 1/2 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese, thinly shaved
- 8 thin slices bresaola or prosciutto, torn into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a small bowl, toss bread pieces with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat; spread out in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, tossing once, until slightly crisp, about 7 minutes. Let cool.
Toss together arugula, cheese, and bresaola in a medium bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss in croutons, and serve.