Leek and Corn Quiche
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1/2 recipe Pate Brisee (Pie Dough) Pate Brisee
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium leek, well washed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Kernels from 2 ears corn
- Leaves from 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 6 ounces Gruyere cheese, grated (1 1/2 cups)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
On a lightly floured surface, roll dough less than 1/8 inch thick. Use a 5-inch fluted cookie cutter to cut into rounds. Fit into five 4-inch nonstick tart pans. Transfer to refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add leek, and cook, stirring, until translucent but not brown, about 1 minute. Add corn, and season with thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Divide half the cheese evenly between the pans. Sprinkle with corn mixture, then top with remaining cheese. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, cream, eggs, and egg yolk. Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Divide evenly among pans. Transfer to oven, and bake until just set in the center, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes before serving.