Steamed Leeks in Mustard and Caper Vinaigrette
This delicious recipe is from chef Patricia Wells's "Vegetable Harvest."
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, May Spring 2007
- 1 tablespoon sherry-wine vinegar
- Fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers in vinegar, drained
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 small fresh leeks (about 1 pound), white parts only, trimmed and cleaned
- 1/2 cup finely minced fresh chives or fresh flat-leaf parsley
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt until salt has dissolved; add mustard, capers, and oil and whisk to blend. Season with salt; set vinaigrette aside.
Bring 1 quart of water to a boil in the bottom of a saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Place leeks in steamer basket, cover, and steam until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Drain leeks and transfer to a serving platter. Immediately cover with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with chives or parsley and serve immediately.