"Mad Hungry" host Lucinda Scala Quinn developed this easy recipe exclusively for "The Martha Stewart Show" season premiere, with input from her bacon-loving sons.
- Olive oil or nonstick cooking spray
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 (12- to 16-ounce) package thinly sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos, finely chopped
- Sour cream, for serving
Lightly coat a medium skillet with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray and heat over high heat. Place 1 tortilla on a work surface and sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Top with 1/4 of the bacon and 1 tablespoon jalapenos; top with a second tortilla.
Carefully transfer to skillet and cook until bottom tortilla is browned and cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Turn and continue cooking until browned and filling is hot, about 2 minutes more. Transfer quesadilla to a cutting board and repeat process with remaining tortilla, cheese, bacon, and jalapenos.
Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve immediately with sour cream.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, September 2010