Arugula Salad with Sweet Potatoes and Feta
This salad goes well with baked salmon, sauteed shrimp, or grilled chicken.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, November 2009
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- 2 bunches arugula, thick stems removed
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Roast until tender and browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons oil, grated orange zest, orange juice, and white-wine vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Add sweet potatoes, arugula, and feta. Toss to combine and serve immediately.