Watercress, Endive, and Grilled-Peach Salad
This summer salad has it all -- crunchy, peppery greens; soft, smooth cheese; and sweet, smoky, slightly caramelized peaches hot off the grill.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, July/August 2004
- 1/2 recipe Grilled Peaches
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 Belgian endives, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 2 bunches stemmed watercress (about 8 cups)
- 6 ounces halved bocconcini, or sliced fresh mozzarella
Prepare grilled peaches; quarter each half, and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together fresh lemon juice and olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
Add Belgian endives, stemmed watercress, and bocconcini or mozzarella. Toss to coat. Divide among plates; arrange peaches next to salad.