Under 30 Minutes
Watercress, Endive, and Grilled-Peach Salad
Choose fruit with a fragrant aroma and flesh that yields a bit when pressed gently. If a peach has cuts or tan spots, or if it's rock-hard or mushy, don't buy it. Color has more to do with variety than ripeness.
- 1/2 recipe Grilled Peaches
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 Belgian endives, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 2 stemmed bunches watercress (about 8 cups)
- 6 ounces halved bocconcini, or sliced fresh mozzarella
Prepare grilled peaches; quarter each half, and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together fresh lemon juice and olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper.
Add Belgian endives, stemmed watercress, and bocconcini or mozzarella. Toss to coat. Divide among plates; arrange peaches next to salad.