Roasted Pears and Dried Fruit
This fruity dessert will warm you up during winter.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2004
- 2/3 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 firm Bartlett pears, cored and cut into 8 wedges each
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup pitted prunes
- Zest of 1 lemon, removed in wide strips with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, whisk together apple cider, 2 tablespoons sugar, and butter. Add pears, dried cherries, prunes, and lemon zest and juice; toss to combine.
Cover with aluminum foil, and bake 15 minutes; remove foil and continue to bake, tossing once, until fruit is tender and beginning to brown, 20 to 25 minutes more.
In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream and remaining tablespoon sugar. Serve warm, or at room temperature, with sweetened sour cream.