Barbecued Chicken on Garlic Toast
The southern charm of this super-indulgent sandwich -- our top pick for most convenient chicken dish -- is no farther than the local market; it includes rotisserie chicken and bottled barbecue sauce.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, April 2007
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, meat shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups (14 ounces) bottled barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with a garlic press
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. In a medium saucepan, cook chicken and barbecue sauce over medium until heated through, 6 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine butter and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Spread one side of each slice of bread with garlic butter. Place on a baking sheet, buttered side up. Broil until golden brown, 1 to 3 minutes, then turn over, and broil until light brown, about 1 minute longer. To serve, sandwich chicken mixture between slices of bread.