Under 30 Minutes
Spicy Pineapple Salad
Transforming this sweet fruit into neat cubes is easy. Just cut off the top and bottom, slice away the peel, and cut the juicy fruit from the woody core before cubing.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 jalapeno chiles (ribs and seeds removed), thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large skillet, heat oil over high. Working in 2 batches, cook pineapple and jalapenos on one side until lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes; transfer to a bowl. Add vinegar, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.