Spicy Pineapple Salad
Serve this sweet and spicy side with our Smoky Beef Tacos for a Tex-Mex feast.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Source: Everyday Food, March 2009
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 jalapeno chiles (ribs and seeds removed), thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large skillet, heat oil over high. Working in 2 batches, cook pineapple and jalapenos on one side until lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes; transfer to a bowl. Add vinegar, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.