Parmesan Herb Lamb Chops
- Servings: 4
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 rib lamb chops (1 1/2 pounds), chine bone removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh mint, for garnish
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a medium dish, combine parsley and mint, and set aside. In another medium dish, combine breadcrumbs and cheese.
Sprinkle lamb chops with salt and pepper, and press mint and parsley onto the chops, covering both sides. Dip the chops into the beaten-egg mixture and then into the breadcrumb mixture, coating them well.
In a large nonstick skillet with a heat-resistant handle, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chops, and cook until well browned, about 2 minutes on each side. Carefully turn chops, and brown the edges, about 30 seconds. Transfer skillet to the oven, and finish cooking chops until medium rare, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.