Mixed Provencal Olives with Preserved Lemon and Oregano
- 2 cups assorted olives, such as nicoise, Nyons, and Picholine (8 to 10 ounces)
- 4 pieces preserved lemon, sliced into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, or brine from preserved lemons
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
Place olives in a medium bowl; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine lemon, vinegar, olive oil, and lemon juice; bring to a simmer, and stir in oregano. Pour over olives, and marinate at room temperature for at least 2 hours. Olives may be made 1 week ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container. Return to room temperature before serving.