Under 30 Minutes
White Turkey Chili
It takes only 30 minutes to make a steaming bowl of this satisfying and comforting chili.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile (ribs and seeds removed for less heat, if desired), minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 pound ground turkey (7 percent fat)
- 1 can cannellini beans (15.5 ounces), drained and rinsed
- Garnishes, such as lime wedges, cilantro, sour cream, and grated cheese
In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeno, garlic, oregano, and cumin; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables begin to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add turkey and cook, breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 2 to 3 minutes. Add beans and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil, while mashing some of the beans against side of pan to release starch. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until thickened, 5 to 10 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper; garnish as desired.
SourceEveryday Food, March 2006