Lemon-Zucchini Cornmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon packed finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 medium zucchini, grated on small holes of a box grater (about 1 cup)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar with a wooden spoon until pale and fluffy. Stir in vanilla, lemon zest, and salt. Add flour and cornmeal and mix until mixture is crumbly. Add zucchini and stir until a thick dough forms.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto two parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until cookies are light golden brown at edges, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Let cool completely on wire racks.
SourceEveryday Food, September 2009