Under 30 Minutes
Cold Southwestern Corn and Shrimp Soup
Using frozen corn and shrimp saves a lot of time in this no-cook soup.
- 4 packages (10 ounces each) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 or 3 limes)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch cayenne, pepper
- 1 pound cooked frozen shrimp, thawed, roughly chopped, reserving 4 whole shrimp
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
In a blender, working in two batches, puree corn, yogurt, milk, lime juice, coriander, and cayenne. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl, pressing to extract as much liquid as possible; discard solids. Stir in chopped shrimp, and season with salt and pepper.
Serve garnished with tomatoes, avocado, and reserved whole shrimp.
SourceEveryday Food, June 2007