This delicious side dish of cheesy peas is courtesy of Jamie Oliver and can be found in his cookbook, "Cook with Jamie."
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Chopped fresh mint leaves, for garnish
Bring a small saucepan filled with water to a boil, add salt and return to a boil. Add peas and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain, reserving 4 tablespoons cooking water.
Return peas to saucepan with reserved water and place over medium heat. Add butter and stir until combined. Add cheese and continue to stir until butter and cheese have melted and evenly coat peas. Add more of the reserved cooking water if necessary.
Season peas with lemon juice and white pepper. Ganish with mint and serve immediately.