Pinot Gris Compound Butter
- 1/3 cup Pinot Gris wine
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
In a small nonreactive pan cook wine over medium heat until reduced to about 1 tablespoon. Let stand until cool.
In a medium bowl, combine butter, reduced wine, parsley, shallot, garlic, salt, pepper, and orange and lemon zests. Stir until well combined. Store, refrigerated in an airtight container, for up to 1 week.