Under 30 Minutes
Jicama, a root vegetable with tan skin and white flesh, is available at most supermarkets. Its mild sweetness and crunchy texture make it a refreshing addition to salads.
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pear, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 small jicama (about 12 ounces), peeled, quartered, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
Cut peel and pith from lime. Slice lime along membranes to release segments, and reserve segments.
Whisk lime juice and oil in a medium bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Add pear, jicama, and cilantro, and toss to combine. Fold in reserved lime segments, and season with more salt if desired. Serve immediately.