Brown-Rice Salad with Spinach and Tomatoes
Nutty brown rice makes a tasty fiber-rich addition to salads.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2010
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, dill, garlic, and sugar. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add rice, cucumber, spinach, and tomatoes; toss to combine.