Easy Turkey Cutlets with Potatoes and Mushrooms
Parmesan cheese helps brown the cutlets and keeps them moist during broiling.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2005
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds small white button mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 2 strips bacon (2 ounces), cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 turkey cutlets (3 to 4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Grainy mustard, for serving
Heat broiler. If using a broiler-proof rimmed baking sheet, set rack 4 inches from heat; if using a broiler pan, set rack so that top of pan is 4 inches from heat. On sheet (or pan), arrange potatoes and mushrooms in a single layer. Sprinkle with bacon, sage, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Broil, tossing every 5 to 6 minutes, until potatoes are tender and browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl (reserve sheet).
Place turkey cutlets on sheet; season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with Parmesan, dividing evenly. Broil until cheese is golden and turkey is opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss potatoes and mushrooms with parsley; season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
Serve turkey cutlets with potato-mushroom mixture, accompanied by grainy mustard.