Baked Asian Pear And Banana With Date Sauce And Walnuts
This easy bake is sweet without the refined sugar.
- 1 ripe Asian pear, cored and quartered
- 1 ripe banana, halved crosswise, then lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, (6 large or 12 small)
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ounce (1/4 cup) walnut halves, toasted
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put pear wedges in an 8-inch baking dish. Cover with foil, and bake until beginning to soften, about 20 minutes. Add banana; dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, until fruit is softened and pale golden, 20 to 25 minutes more.
Process dates, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a food processor until dates are coarsely chopped. With machine running, gradually add 1 cup cold water; process until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat; cook until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve immediately, or refrigerate, airtight, up to 2 days; reheat before serving.
Divide fruit between 2 plates. Drizzle with date sauce; sprinkle with walnuts. Top each with 2 tablespoons yogurt.