Chicken, Green Bean, and Cucumber Salad
Use our Basic Poached Chicken as the base for this light and healthy salad.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January 2010
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon each finely chopped fresh parsley and basil
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and chopped
- 4 ounces green beans
- 1 Basic Poached Chicken, breast half, cooled and torn
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped toasted almonds
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, fresh lemon juice, parsley, basil, and capers. Boil green beans, trimmed, in salted water until crisp-tender, 3 minutes. Rinse with cold water; drain and add to bowl along with poached chicken, cucumber, and chopped toasted almonds. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.