Under 30 Minutes
Chicken with Watercress Salad
Cooking chicken on a hot grill (or grill pan) sears the surface of the food, giving it a full, intense flavor. For fast meals at lunch or dinner, try thinly pounded chicken breasts because they cook through in just a few minutes.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for grill
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 bunches watercress, thick stems trimmed
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
Heat grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, combine oil and lemon juice; season dressing with salt and pepper.
Lay chicken flat. Holding a sharp knife parallel to work surface, split each chicken breast in half horizontally. Cover with plastic wrap and pound each piece with the flat side of a meat mallet or the bottom of a small pan until 1/4 inch thick. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons dressing and sprinkle with cumin.
Clean and oil grill. Grill chicken until cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side. To bowl with dressing, add watercress, radishes, and avocado and toss to combine. Serve chicken topped with watercress salad.
SourceEveryday Food, May 2009