Cool Herb Dip for Blanched Vegetables
Immersing vegetables briefly in boiling water brightens their colors and makes them crisp-tender; it also lets you cook them partially to use in recipes later.
Source: Everyday Food, June 2004
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
In a food processor or blender, combine basil, sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Process until combined and basil leaves are finely chopped. Season with more salt, pepper, and lemon juice as desired. Cover, and refrigerate until thickened and chilled, about 20 minutes. Dip will keep up to 3 days.