Wild Rice Stuffing
This recipe, courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, is used to make his Turkey Roulade with Wild Rice and Rhubarb-Cherry Stuffing.
- 2 1/4 cups store-bought low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup wild whole grain brown rice mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 cup assorted dried fruits, such as cranberries, cherries, and apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted almonds
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a medium saucepan, combine chicken stock and butter; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add both rices and 1/2 teaspoon salt; reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook, until liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked through, about 50 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff rice with a fork.
Transfer rice to a large bowl. Add dried fruit, almonds, orange juice and zest, olive oil, vinegar, remaining teaspoon salt, and pepper; toss to combine. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, April 2009