Under 30 Minutes
Mediterranean Mezze Platter
Mezze is often served as an appetizer, but several of these bits and bites together are satisfying as lunch or dinner. You'll find grape leaves in the pickles section, in the international aisle, or at specialty markets.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound carrots, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups Homemade Hummus, or store-bought
- 4 mint leaves (optional)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 jarred grape leaves packed in brine, rinsed and halved lengthwise (optional)
- 4 whole-wheat pitas (6-inch), cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup black olives, such as Nicoise or Kalamata
In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, and cumin; season with salt and pepper. Add carrots and pecans, and toss to combine.
Transfer hummus to a serving bowl, and drizzle with oil, if desired. If using mint, place 1 leaf on each piece of feta; if using, wrap with 1/2 a grape leaf. Serve hummus on a platter with pitas, carrot salad, feta, and olives.