Shaved Beets with Orange
This side goes well with grilled fish such as striped bass or salmon.
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound beets, very thinly sliced on a mandoline or with a vegetable peeler
In a large bowl, whisk together orange zest, orange juice, white-wine vinegar, olive oil, and sugar; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Add beets, and toss.
SourceEveryday Food, July/August 2009