Mini Cheesecakes with Apricot Jam
- Yield: Makes 18
Source: Martha Stewart Living, February 2009
- 3/4 cup crumbled chocolate-wafer cookies (about 18 cookies)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Mix cookies and 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar in a bowl. Stir in butter. Press 1 tablespoon of mixture in bottom of each cup. Bake until set, about 7 minutes. Let cool in tins on wire racks.
Reduce oven temperature to 275 degrees. Beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, then vanilla. With mixer running, add eggs slowly, scraping down side of bowl. Add sour cream and salt. Pour batter into muffin cups, filling almost to the tops.
Bake until sides are set but centers are wobbly, about 20 minutes. Let cool in tins on wire racks. Wrap tins tightly with plastic, and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Warm jam in a small saucepan until liquidy. Strain through a sieve. Spoon 1 teaspoon jam on top of each cake.